[access-uk] Re: Bluetooth problem solved!!

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 17:58:52 -0000

Actually, Jackie, the other day when I plugged in my bluetooth dongle into my laptop, I could get all the way with transferring a file, then it never happened at the end ... I was rushing as I wanted to get tea, but I'm wondering now if this is a conflict as I have the Dell bluetooth supplied but didn't purchase a card at the time (though I'd thought I did); so this could be a conflict too. I will therefore look more closely and bear in mind your solutions. <Smiles>

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Saturday, January 03, 2009 5:36 PM (UK time), Jackie Cairns at jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi Carol

Looks as though it was the WinCom Bluetooth software that came with
the Netbook.  Once I took it out, everything else fitted into place,
and I was even allowed to update the optional Bluetooth hardware on
the Microsoft Update site.  Stupid how these silly things bug you,
but that one really irritated me for a while.

Jackie Cairns
Braille Support Adviser
Email: jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sight and Sound Technology