[access-uk] Re: Bluetooth dongles

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:29:57 -0000

Hi Andy,

Bluetooth dongles, usually these days a USB device, have
become fairly generic.

To try and put it in layman's terms, they are sort of like a
transmitter receiver that can communicate with a similar
device.

However, the difference is that they each send out a unique
signal, but in such a way that they can be "paired".

So what basically happens is that the two devices see each
other, and one says, "I'm device ABC" will you talk to me?

The other device says "I'm device XYZ and I can see device
ABC", do you (Andy, the computer user) want to let me talk
to (or pair with) ABC?)

You say yes, and Bob's your uncle.

George.

Date: 12/11/2007 21:19