[access-uk] Re: Blackboard with Jaws

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:40:04 -0000

Hi Jackie,

Agree that Blackboard is somewhat cluttered, but as Mike will testify, if
you are a tutor it is even more cluttered because you have all the courses
on the screen and not just the ones you are taking as a student (smiley
face).

I too tutor and am a PhD student at Salford University and we use Blackboard
plus Eluminate Live for distance learners, so there is quite a lot of
information on the screen. I use JAWS with both these VLEs and have only
minor difficulties in navigating around the feature.