[access-uk] Re: Betternet.

  • From: Alex Stone <alex.stone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 23:40:54 +0000

It's probably not fair, but I guess you probably just have to go without, after all, why should you or anyone else be allowed to use a paid service for free simply because you don't have a card.

On 28/11/2015 23:39, rajmund wrote:

Hello,
What if one hasn't got a card, for whatever reason?

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 28 Nov 2015, at 11:35 p.m., James English <james13english@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

debit cards work. And the reason we ask for those on the free trial is
that it's super-easy to override security systems. If you don't click
the link after your trial has finished, we won't charge you.

-James

On 11/28/15, rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
If you're involved, I woul like to suggest something. allow people to try
for free, and after that, offer to register. From what I can tell, that's
currently not possible. And as long as you don't have to install anything,
it will work. I'd try, but am not happy that it asks for credit card, which,
BTW, I don't have yet....

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 28 Nov 2015, at 11:06 p.m., James English <james13english@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

We at Proxify are attempting to design something that can work with
Windows CE. Stay tuned.

-James

On 11/28/15, rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
For personal use, that is the idea. However, for school, I do prefer a
note
taker.

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 28 Nov 2015, at 10:45 p.m., Alex Stone <alex.stone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rajmund, unfortunately current notetakers are using technology which is
ten years old if not longer, therefore, that forces you to do the same.
Can you not use an iDevice or something like that instead?

On 28/11/2015 22:36, rajmund wrote:
hello,
Thanks; unfortunately, sometimes, I need it in school, with note
takers.
The ideal thing would be a VPN, though.

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 28 Nov 2015, at 10:17 p.m., Shaun O'Connor
<capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Rather than selecting a proxy from proxy.org or similar( which will
have
a central record of your IP address) try orbot(for android devices)
or
if you are using a desktop/lapton then the tor browser bundle. wth
tor
your entry into the internet is in all instances pretty much random,(
there is no central repository at the point of entry because you do
not
enter the network via the same route every time.).

for further details visit torproject.org

The other bonus being that tor(and its derivatives) is free to use,
it
is open source (which means that if you like to look under the hood
you
can grab the source code as well).

On 28/11/2015 18:38, rajmund wrote:
Hello,
Not sure, but I woul rather use something like proxy.org that's
probably slightly more legal.

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 28 Nov 2015, at 6:07 p.m., Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings,

Anybody used this and what do they think of it and, is it legal in
the
UK?

One Touch to Unblock Websites | For some reasons you may not be
able
visit a website due to restrictions by service providers or
censorship
by
institutions or governments at your location. However, these geo
limitations
can easily be overcome by average users. How easily? Hey, it is just
tap
on the screen.

On a mobile device, install and run this app Betternet, tap the
"Connect"
button, you can then unblock and access all websites and services
including
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or other websites banned at your
location
or
workplace.

What this app provides is a free unlimited Virtual Private Network
(VPN)
service. It detects your location automatically and connects you to
the
nearest server able to access all websites and services, therefore
bypassing
your default server restricting your access right.

Besides encrypting your data for security, this app also allows you
surf
the Web anonymously. It changes your IP address, your online
identity
is
anonymous and internet activity is hidden. With this, you can gain
access to
geo restricted services such as Netflix which limits its
availability
some countries only.

Better still, this app does not impose irritating ads on the web
pages
you're browsing, though it does occasionally recommend third party
apps to
you. This is how Betternet works for free with no ads but covers
its
costs
from promoters who pay Betternet in return for recommendation.

You can install Betternet to your Android or iOS mobile devices
from
the
links provided below, or go to the download page to get a version
for
browser extensions or the Windows desktop.

https://www.betternet.co/#download

Betternet is not the only VPN service as there're plenty of them in
the
market, some free with ads and some you need to pay for, including
several
best paid VPN services reviewed by Gizmo here.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/best-vpn-services.htm

Free Mobile App of the Week

Betternet

For Android
Download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freevpnintouch

For iPhone and iPad
Download:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/unlimited-free-vpn-by-betternet/id946659216?mt=8

Author, Jojo Yee from Gizmo Daily Tech Treats,

August 29 2015