[access-uk] Re: Best temp folder to use?

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:21:58 -0000

Thanks Douglas.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews
E-mail: mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Messenger: markmatthews3@xxxxxxxxxxx
Webpage: http://www.qsl.net/gw0wgk

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Douglas Harrison
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:56 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Best temp folder to use?

Mark,
I may be wrong, but I always thought of the two Temp folders you
mention as places where Windows puts material of a temporary nature
during the running of some application or other, and to some extent
automatically deletes it again. Residues accumulate and need
removing manually from time to time because, at least in my
experience, Disk Cleanup does not do the job very thoroughly.

For your purpose I would have thought you would create your own
Temp folder somewhere and clear it out as and when you are ready.

Sorry if I am missing the point here.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison