[access-uk] Re: Becrypt Encryption Software

  • From: "John Farley" <j.farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:32:19 -0000

Hello,

We do not use that system at work, but a similar package which achieves the
same end.

I can use it with Window-Eyes.

With our system, at any time that the initial sign-on is being requested, F5
can be pressed to initiate audible feedback. In this way, I get 2 beeps to
enter my user-id,<tab> and 3 beeps to enter my password. If I then get a
single beep, all is successful. If 4 beeps, followed by 2 beeps, something
was wrong and it has gone back to the initial screen again. When I get it
wrong, I usually get it right the second time.
The audible feedback can be switched of again with another F5.

I get e-mail warnings to change my password every 90 days and do this within
a screen reader run, so no problems with that.

Now, I am not saying that your system will work the same way, but you should
get your system installer to go back to the manufacturers and ask them how
they deal with the position you are in. If it is a US product then they will
certainly have a way round it.

Regards, John

John Farley

        Personal Contact              Work contact
E-Mail: j.farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       john.farley@xxxxxxxx