[access-uk] Bbc feeds

  • From: "David W Wood" <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:30:07 -0000

All:

I have just come across this on another list and wonder if
anyone knows any more?
I haven't had time to check it through yet.

David

I believe that the BBC has switched to its new iPlayer as
part of a "digital rights management" system.  If so, then
they intentionally do *not* wish to have their broadcasts
accessible to the various kinds of players (such as
RealPlayer)  which enable recording or saving of sound
files.

More information about this is available at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_iPlayer or by googling "bbc
iplayer drm".

Those of you who pay a mandatory annual stipend to support
the BBC may have opinions about this change, and may wish to
express those opinions in the appropriate venues.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Date: 28/01/2008 21:32