[access-uk] Re: Barclays got it right! Re internet banking security

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 10:22:23 +0100

Hi Carol
>Before you jump down throats, how about writing Barclays addressing the
> question politely and see what there response says."

I would if I banked with  them,  I don't!
If my own bank had  a policy  I felt was unreasonable then I  would, and
have
in the past, taken issue up.

For example, my bank can't open the glass security screen at a counter.
This can   cause  a problem for  some people like myself. So the
reasonable adjustment  I   agreed to was  an office can be made available
when I go to the  branch  and so communication is far easer.
Obviously this sort  of arrangement is made on a case by case  basis.

As for jumping down throats I did feel that  I was at the end of  attacks,
but to be honest I am  used to it! Very often one gets bullied
because one is  *different* but that's a discussion for another list.
<>smile>

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx