[access-uk] Re: Backup "was For Carol - Back Up

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:51:50 +0100

Roger,
Hope you do not mind me coming into this thread (and changing the
subject line), but I had always understood that the reason that Ghost
and similar programs had to use DOS at one stage was that if the
partition with the OS on it was being backed up there would otherwise
be a problem with system files actually in use.   I looked at Drive Image
when owned by Powerquest and thought that the same thing applied. If
this is no longer the case with Drive Image 7 I will certainly be
interested in getting a copy.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison