[access-uk] Re: BackUp Software

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 06:27:17 +0100

Hi Sam
There is a file backup and transfer program in windows but you may also be
interested in PC Mover by laplink. This program allows you to transfer your
settings, email and even programs from one machine to another, even from XP to
Vista, with little trouble like having to reinstall everything, and is pretty
successful. You pay for a licence to do so - when I did it it took about 2 to 3
hours to transfer everything and it worked. I must say I prefer to start from
scratch so I know exactly what's going into my new machine, but I've got to say
I was pleasantly surprised at how excellent the PC Mover transfer was.
Gordon McFarlane