[access-uk] Re: Back Up & Restore My PC

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 17:54:49 +0000

Hi, your computer should have come with some restore disks, if not you may be able to restore it from a separate partition on your hard drive. This can only be found out really from your computer's manuals or simply by exploration, for example if some disks came in the box you could ask if they're restore disks or if you found that your hard drive has been partitioned, or split up, then chances are you can restore directly from the hard drive. Hope that helps.

At 17:00 01/01/2008, you wrote:
Hi All
I wont to back up and restore my PC to the day i bought it could anyone please give me some pointers on how i carry this out Do i need to buy any special software? I have an external hard drive that i could back up stuff onto if this would help. I am running Windows XP
Thanks
Ellie