[access-uk] Back To Router Problem.

  • From: "Mandy" <mandy.MJC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:59:33 +0100

Hi All remember my router problem?

For days it's been back so now looking at routers:  Steve recommended the
Linksys RWT300N but on dabs.com I've found some details of another which says
used product but here are the details can someone advise whether this sounds
like the right thing?

description

Wireless-G is the 54Mbps wireless networking standard that's almost five times
faster than the widely deployed Wireless-B (802.11b) products found in homes,
businesses, and public wireless hotspots around the country - but since they
share the same 2.4GHz radio band, Wireless-G devices can also interoperate
with existing 11Mbps Wireless-B equipment.

Since both standards are built in, you can protect your investment in existing
802.11b infrastructure, and migrate to the screaming fast Wireless-G standard
as your needs grow.

The Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router is really three devices in one box.
First, there's the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect Wireless-G
or Wireless-B devices to the network. There's also a built-in 4-port
full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices. Connect four
PCs
directly, or daisy-chain out to more hubs and switches to create as big a
network as you need. Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets
your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.

To protect your data and privacy, the Wireless-G Broadband Router can encrypt
all wireless transmissions. The Router can serve as a DHCP Server, has NAT
technology to protect against Internet intruders, supports VPN pass-through,
and can be configured to filter internal users' access to the Internet.
Configuration
is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.

With the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router at the center of your home or
office network, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, files, printers,
and multi-player games with the flexibility, speed, and security you need!
I'm already using Belkin 54G should this be an improvement it seems just to be
called Linksys WRT54g.

None of this technical stuff means anything to me so before I purchase I really
do need the advice.

Mandy.