[access-uk] Re: BT news

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:48:24 +0100

There's an official statement about this at
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43867/ and also an
article about this at
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/04/uk-isp-bt-to-close-unused-yahoo-email-accounts-after-150-days.html

"ISP BT Retail has changed the terms of its Yahoo! Mail (e.g.
@btinternet.com and @openworld.com addresses) based email accounts so
that, effective from 17th June 2013, any customers who have not used
their mail accounts for more than 150 days will find the account
closed.

The change, as spotted by Thinkbroadband, means that BT will delete
the email address and all the contents of your mailbox (e.g. calendar,
messages, contacts and notes). The ISP has also flatly warned that
“you won’t get them back“. Apparently customers who just use their
email address (e.g. john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to log in to BT Wi-fi, but
whom don’t use BT Yahoo! Mail, will not be affected."