[access-uk] BT Update

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 14:56:49 +0100

It seems it certainly pays to have the right contacts.

I've just had a call from a  senior tech at my ISP.

He said he wouldn't insult me by getting me to clear caches and history, I'd my router setup correctly and he's capped me at 7mb at the moment, simply because this is stable, or more so than 8.

Engineers may need to test our exchange and internal telephone wiring and he's assured me he'll esculate this to the engineer's managers if they give him any greef.

Wow! Does it ever feel good to have some tech not patronise you and have that assurance things are going to be sorted!

As aposed to an out sourced call centre who if you deviate from their little script they're dead in the water!

I'm getting speeds bouncing between 150k, 558k, and 740k down now. Still should be getting alot faster and hopefully will do, so we're on the way.

Thank you very much Colin for passing Ians address on, I'm in no doubt it's help greatly here.

i owe you a pint!

Dj Paddy