[access-uk] Re: BT Spam filtering nonsense

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 22:58:43 +0100

Hi,

No but I thought he was talking earlier in the thread about keeping his Email 
address.  If the domain belongs to him that's fine, but if it's a BT address, 
no way would they let him keep it.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
Tel: +44(0)1438-742286
Mob: +44(0)7956-334938
Fax: +44(0)1438-759589
Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 
Peter Beasley
Sent: 17 August 2014 20:22
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: BT Spam filtering nonsense

The e-mail address from which he sent the message was not a Bt one.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2014 7:50 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: BT Spam filtering nonsense


> Hi,
>
> Actually not true.  if Mike wants to keep his BT Internet Email address, 
> you can bet they will charge him extra, because the domain belongs to BT.
>
> All the best
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Computer Room Services
> 77 Exeter Close
> Stevenage
> Hertfordshire
> SG1 4PW
> Tel: +44(0)1438-742286
> Mob: +44(0)7956-334938
> Fax: +44(0)1438-759589
> Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf 
> Of Peter Beasley
> Sent: 17 August 2014 16:46
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: BT Spam filtering nonsense
>
> You can have whatever e-mail address you like.
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Mike Ray" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2014 4:31 PM
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: BT Spam filtering nonsense
>
>
>>
>> I will look at plusnet.  I have BT infinity so I want to keep my
>> unlimited downloads and faster speed.  And hopefully keep the same email
>> address.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 17/08/2014 15:52, Jonathan H wrote:
>>> Seriously, Mike and everyone - I cannot fathom why you don't give
>>> Plusnet a try - usually cheaper, if not it's only a matter of a pound
>>> or two. It's a BT sister company so same infrastructure. FAR better
>>> customer service - they are based in Yorkshire: "Steve" really will be
>>> "Steve".
>>>
>>> Yes, sometimes the support phone lines are a bit of a queue at the
>>> wrong time of day, but I'll bet that you'll spend less time on the
>>> call overall with a 20 minute wait followed by 3 minutes of someone
>>> who knows what they are talking about, than a 5 minute wait followed
>>> by 40 minutes of a moronic robot repeating:
>>> "At this times I would be pleased to be verifying these informations
>>> for you. Please be holding for some times while I verify these
>>> informations for you at this time" and so on.
>>>
>>> And their support forums are excellent - full of technically minded
>>> people.
>>>
>>> Trust  me - for your own sanity, go for Plusnet! Or at least switch
>>> your email from BT to Gmail in the meantime...
>>>
>>> On 17 August 2014 15:25, Mike Ray <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>> Clive and all,
>>>>
>>>> BT are really p***ing me off right now...
>>>>
>>>> Firstly all this spam filtering nonsense, then the fact that I keep
>>>> getting emails telling me I don't appear to be using my 'free' 50GB
>>>> cloud storage...which I am not using because the bloody BT cloud app is
>>>> written in Qt and as such is not accessible.
>>>>
>>>> And don't get me started on Indian call centres, where I am forced to
>>>> try to believe the bloke I am speaking to is called 'Steve' or 'Kevin'
>>>> when clearly it isn't.  Which is insulting to both me and 'Steve'.  And
>>>> because English is his second language he can only follow a flow chart
>>>> which has answers to questions asked by 90% of the muppets who phone
>>>> them, but not the questions asked by the 10% who, like me, have a
>>>> technical question, or more often a complaint.
>>>>
>>>> I am seriously thinking of ditching BT and moving to somebody else if I
>>>> can keep the same email address.
>>>>
>>>> BT just don't listen to their customers.
>>>>
>>>> Mike
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 17/08/2014 15:19, Clive Jacobs wrote:
>>>>> Hi, I seem to be getting this lists posts with BT to date. What is
>>>>> irritating is that on our BTInternet address which we do not use and
>>>>> have never used we have recently received an increasing number of spam
>>>>> on the BT address. As we have never used it the only conclusion has to
>>>>> be that it seems BT are the culprits and are guilty of spamming us and
>>>>> I
>>>>> suspect many others. We may bee soon seeking for alternative options 
>>>>> to
>>>>> BT.
>>>>>
>>>>> CJ.
>>>>> On 17/08/2014 14:05, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
>>>>>> I recommend anyone who is subscribed via a bt account to unsubscribe
>>>>>> and then use an alternative account, there is NO reason BT should be
>>>>>> classifying this group as spam. and they would likely not be very
>>>>>> forthcoming in explaining their reasoning either.(but that is another
>>>>>> story altogether)
>>>>>> On 17/08/2014 14:15, Mike Ray wrote:
>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> In the last three or four weeks I have suddenly been getting very 
>>>>>>> few
>>>>>>> messages from access-uk.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I spoke to Mo and he suggested this might be BT's over-zealous
>>>>>>> spam-filtering, which is incredibly hard to turn off because the 
>>>>>>> site
>>>>>>> is
>>>>>>> not very accessible and the setting is buried deep, a bit like the
>>>>>>> Vogon's planning application to demolish the Earth.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So I have unsubscribed from access-uk on BT and rejoined from my
>>>>>>> raspberryvi account.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I am instantly getting stuff from the list again.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So if you're suddenly getting very little stuff from the list and
>>>>>>> you're
>>>>>>> a BT customer, it's their fault.  Oh...of course...you probably 
>>>>>>> won't
>>>>>>> get this message.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Mike
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> *_PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION _*
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Michael A. Ray
>>>> Analyst/Programmer
>>>> Witley, Surrey, South-east UK
>>>>
>>>> The box said: 'install Windows XP, 7 or better'. So I installed Linux
>>>>
>>>> Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
>>>> Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/
>>>>
>>>> From where you can join our mailing list for visually-impaired Pi
>>>> hackers
>>>> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
>>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
>>>> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> ** and in the Subject line type
>>>> ** unsubscribe
>>>> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
>>>> ** immediately-following link:-
>>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
>>>> ** or send a message, to
>>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>>>>
>>> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
>>> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> ** and in the Subject line type
>>> ** unsubscribe
>>> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
>>> ** immediately-following link:-
>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
>>> ** or send a message, to
>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Michael A. Ray
>> Analyst/Programmer
>> Witley, Surrey, South-east UK
>>
>> The box said: 'install Windows XP, 7 or better'. So I installed Linux
>>
>> Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
>> Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/
>>
>> From where you can join our mailing list for visually-impaired Pi hackers
>> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
>> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> ** and in the Subject line type
>> ** unsubscribe
>> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
>> ** immediately-following link:-
>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
>> ** or send a message, to
>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>>
>
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>
>
>
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
> 

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq



** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq

Other related posts: