[access-uk] Re: BT Broadband Versus Virgin Media?

  • From: "martin houghton" <martinhoughton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:01:24 -0000

Hello Mandy and everyone.

I have the BT vision box you are talking about.  It's called a V box for short.
 There plusses and minuses to it.  I will start with the pluses.  The remote is
very well layed out with easy to distinguish    spaced out keys.  For example,
the number keys are quite large and there is a number five key with two very
distinguishable raised dots in the middle.  On the top right corner is the
program button which you can scroll through and select your favurate channel by
pressing the big round key which is situated about three rows down from the
program key.  There is also a small round button on it's own at the top middle.
 This is the power/standby button.

I will now continue with the minuses.  The interface isn't very accessable as
there are lots of menus to go through and if you are not careful, you can
easilly get into the pay for movies section which happened to me on one
occasion.  I think that bt could make some kind of accessable interface to make
the v box more accessable and as the unit is upgradable over the internet and
wi fi I don't see why this couldn't be done.  Overall, it's a nice way to watch
freeview and if you want to pay for the films and stuff then you will probbably
enjoy the experience.

Hope this info and brief discription was helpfull.

All the best

Martin