[access-uk] Re: BT 195 on my mobile

  • From: "Eleanor Burke " <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:48:04 +0100

I tried it last night on my Vodafone pay as you go as it is set up on my
Vodafone contract now for well over a year at my request. Like you I was
greeted with a message that it was not set-up and that I  should phone Vodafone
on 191 from the same handset. I did. Got through after making the necessary
choices given. Then I was advised that my call would be at a flat rate of 25
pence and that I could disconnect at that point. I waited and when the person
came on line explained that I wanted the 195 directory set up on that handset
and that it was a free service for blind and partially sighted. He said he had
never heard of it. I was then treated to the music while he looked it up. Sure
enough he came back on the line and read out what he found. I then had to give
him myPIN and name and address. He also took my number I was dialling from and
said it would be set up within 48 - 72 hours but I should bear in mind that it
was the bank holiday weekend and therefore may take a little longer. Will let
you know when it is up and running. It is an excellent service as I know from
my contract mobile because I am able to request the number I want in a text
message.

Eleanor