[access-uk] Re: BROADBAND ENQUIRY

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:13:27 +0100

Plusnet major on consistency and reliability I think more than raw speed.
You'll have to bear in mind 2mb rollout has only recently got started and
not everywhere has that at the moment and sometimes not even broadband.  The
availability of 4 and 8mb will be limited somewhat by geographical proximity
or lack of it to an exchange.  Therefore a number of providers have sat on
the sidelines to see how the customer experiences go with those provders
that do, for example Bulldog do this in the South, but some customers have
had major gaps in service.  Take a look at somewhere like
www.theregister.co.uk for more info.

Personally for most of what you come accross today 2mb is fast enough for
any one person.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology