[access-uk] Re: BRAILLE SENSE FURTHER DISCUSSION

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:24:34 +0100

It's a pretty compelling argument isn't it Steve.  The only stand-alone
functions I use my recently acquired Braillesense U2 Mini for are personal
Braille note taking and occasionally reading audio books.  The rest of the time
it's linked to my iPad.  All I'd add is that someone directly concerned with
the assistive tech industry told me very straightforwardly that he couldn't
imagine any VI serious user of the internet accessing it via one of their
machines.  It's slow to connect, clumsy to navigate, runs very clunkily and
ultimately provides a frustrating experience.  And if that's the view of an
assistive tech insider, it says a lot.