[access-uk] BEGINNING TO LOOK AT WINDOWS 10 AND HAVE QUESTIONS

  • From: "Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:22:36 +0100

Hi all,

I have some questions about Windows 10 and really want to know more, so here's
a starter:

1) What do you gain (in terms of new features) from Windows 10. (Please feel
free to refer me to a useful and straightforward article in this respect if you
wish.)

2) If you have Windows 10 and you're totally (or more or less totally)
blind, what is the access like with Jaws and NVDA. (I don't use Window-Eyes,
but if you want to add this info for those who may wish to know ... fine.)

3) What things just don't work well?

4) What are the familiar things about Windows 10 to those of us who are on
Windows 7?

5) What are the new concepts that we'll have to learn?

6) If you've upgraded, would you say "Wait", "Upgrade but cautiously if .."
or "Don't"!

I hope some of you will at least answer some of those questions for me. Didn't
think I'd be interested yet but, strangely, I am, just a bit keen to know ...

Carol P