[access-uk] Re: [BCAB] Kindle books not speech enabled

  • From: Sean O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:59:07 +0100

Mike, it might also be a good idea if you can, to contact the author of
any book you are interested in,  since in many cases authors are not
always aware that their work is inaccessible to some and, in some cases
the author is likely to contact the publisher requesting that the speech
disabling mechanism be removed from their work . If enough pressure can
be brought to bear on publishers to allow their works to be accessed
through tts there is a greater chance that this situation can be resolved.