[access-uk] Re: BBC news web access problem

  • From: catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:47:08 +0100

Hi Derek,

It's hard for me to tell what happens when one doesn't have flash
installed because I've got it, but I'm surprised the text of the story
doesn't come up anyway.  I mean some stories have some media in them
which you can play but there's also the text.  Silly of them not to
put a link for the text or the text itself when you haven't got flash.

Anyhow installing flash shouldn't give you any problems with JAWS.
Whether you can use it or not all depends on the particular site in
question.  I read a story on the BBC News site yesterday (an obituary
for Humphrey Littleton) and they had audio you could play there.  The
buttons were called nonsensical things like "4 button" which happens
quite a lot on pages but at least you can find the button and get the
thing playing.

hth
Catherine