[access-uk] BBC explores personal programme guide

  • From: tony scanlon <turrots@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:00:45 +0100

 Hope this may be of interest. Tony

*The BBC has opened an experimental programme search and listing service to
the public.*

The Programme List <http://proglist.prototyping.bbc.co.uk/login> prototype
has been created to develop new functions that could appear in iPlayer and
other BBC services.

Logging in with your Twitter ID, it lets you search the BBC's national TV
and radio channels, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 for TV shows from the next
10 days and the last seven days.

You can add entire series or just single episodes to your list, which is
continually updated to show you when and where they're on. There's also an
'On Today' button to show whether anything's coming up soon.

"It's designed and built to find out how people would use something like
this and we hope it will inform the future of iPlayer and favourites across
the BBC.," said Tristan Ferne of BBC Research & Development.

"We'd like you to try using The Programme List and let us know what you
think, how you use it and how you'd make it better."

Developments to The Programme List can be follwed on Twitter via
@programmelist <http://twitter.com/#%21/programmelist>.