[access-uk] BBC Survey for Screen Reader Users

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:55:30 -0000

Hi List.

I've just had the following through from the BBC, and I thought it worth
while sharing with the list. The more who complete it the more valuable the
exercise. So, here's a copy of the e-mail just received.

Hello,

RNIB is working with the BBC to conduct research on screenreader use and we
would invite you to participate in this online survey.

NB - for any non screen reader users, this survey is less relevant for you,
and there is no need for you to complete it (although feel free to if you
would like to take part).

The BBC is constantly trying to improve the accessibility of bbc.co.uk for
all of its users. To help do this, they are currently working hard to better
understand how blind and partially sighted people are using screen readers
to access computers and technology.

The survey is being run by our research partner eDigital Research and will
help to improve services. It should take no more than 25 minutes, and is
fully screenreader-friendly.

To access the questionnaire, please click on the link below or copy and
paste the URL into your browser:

http://ecustomeropinions.com/panelsurvey/?sid=165300672&login_autokey=gnSQUF6Mp3uaOmU

Best regards

Jonathan Hassell (Head of Audience Experience & Usability, BBC) and Alison
Long (Senior Manager, Products & Publications, RNIB)

Jonathan Hassell
Head of Audience Experience & Usability
BBC Future Media & Technology
BC5 A3 | Broadcast Centre | 201 Wood Lane | London W12 7TP.
Mobile: 07919 343686.
jonathan.hassell@xxxxxxxxx

Alison Long
Senior Manager, Products & Publications