[access-uk] Re: BANK PINS IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS

  • From: "Ankers, Dave \(UK\)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:58:27 +0100

Colin,

Lets name and shame, the more discomforting it is for the banks, the better!

Dave

Richard,

That is interesting. It took me over 6 months to get an accessible PIN from
Abbey, and that was only after agreeing to subscribe to there 'special needs'
register to receive my statements in large print. Completely useless for me!

It was only through threatening to have SantenDare in a County Court that they
capitulated and supplied me a PIN in an accessible format - on disk, plus a
rather nice credit of £150 to my account.

Not sure about Lloydds, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are better than
most; not that I would ever bank with them!

Maybe it would ve a handy resource to compile a register of the main culprits
and then suggest that Ian look at an 'in touch' expose? I fancy that it would
make a damn interesting programme, and something that the banks may find a
little discomforting.

Colin

Colin Fowler

Disability Consultant

Tel: 01582 483 283

Text/mobile: 07901 573 570

E mail:

col.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.social-model.org.uk

disability@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

accessible format - on disk, plus a rather nice credit of £150 to my account.