[access-uk] Re: "Audio on a Stick"

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 09:30:18 +0100

Hi Mo,

Yes, if you go to http://www.comproom.co.uk and search for Sandisk, we sell
the Sansa Clip 4GB only at the moment.

We actually speechify it, Rockbox it, and we also add a little program
written by Sean Randall called Talk Clip Creator which does all the clip
creation legwork. Otherwise you have to know how to do it in Rockbox, and
this is simply pressing enter on Talk Clip Creator.exe on the device from
the computer, if you use Sean's program. Then we package it up with a quick
start MP3 from me, plus a CD of the same, plus the Rockbox manual on the
device.

By the way I did have full permission from Sean to distribute his program as
well <Smile>. It's a great little program that he wrote for himself.

The voices we use are Code Factory SAPI Vocalizer, also on our web site and
we can sell those too. Daniel is the voice used, but the clips are using
whatever SAPI speech you have on your computer. Daniel will always read the
menus though. We have current time spoken, battery info, we have sleep
timer settings and of course, recent bookmarks and resume playback, in case
you want to read a Daisy book with it.

Thanks for asking.

All the best

Steve