[access-uk] Re: Audio description on Sky

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 21:41:04 +0100

When you hear the beep on 101 you are going to channel 974 where you will find the A.D. aren't you?

For 103 you go to 993 , C4 is not 104 but 994.

It's just to keep you on your toes!

Cheers

From glorious Devon, England.

On 6 Jul 2008, at 18:42, Andrew Hodgson wrote:

Hi all,

I recently switched from using Freeview on a NetGem box to using Sky with a Sky Plus system. I have set up the system to beep on audio described programmes, and also to have audio description set on.

However, I am finding that particularly on BBC1 and ITV, there are programmes that are on which are not audio described, such as Dr. Who, etc, and these were described on Freeview.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.