[access-uk] Re: Audio descripption ontelevision

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:21:36 -0000

Billy,

Yes, Virgin Media do it.

You have to set up your box in the first instance.  A sighted person can do it
easily enough, or maybe you can persuade Virgin to come out and do it.  I can't
remember all the menu strokes now though, I'm afraid.

Once you've done this, you just have to go to the appropriate channels, which
(in some cases at least) are different from the channels they give you for
ordinary viewing.

I think sometimes the local TV doesn't carry the Audio Description but you'll
always pick up the following

BBC 1 851
BBC2 852
ITV1 853
Channel 4 854
5 855

In addition, at one stage anyway BBC1 Scotland (with AD) was 862.

Not sure if this works though as I don't watch (listen to) it!  <Smiles>

Hope this helps Billy!

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxx