[access-uk] Re: Audio described programs on iPlayer

  • From: "Sean Randall" <seanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:54:40 -0000

Amro,

Yes, that's what I do.  It's not the easiest of things to set a recording,
though you can do it from the remote if you memorise how and have a TV guide
to hand, or, if you only want to record one show at a time, from the web or
via a text message. Playing back programmes is also a matter of memory as of
course there's no spoken feedback with Sky, but it's one key for the TV
guide, another to get to your recordings, cursor to one you want and a
double press of select to play it. My box records them in date order, but I
don't have HD or anything so don't know if this is a constant.

I quite happily record and play many things, but there's no way I can
remember everything that's on there now as some of it goes bacck quite a
while.  It's only a few keypresses to get the latest one, though, so as an
aid to recall I tend to go backward through the list rather than from the
top. Of course if you noted down exactly what you'd recorded somehow you
could just count presses.  I'm just not that organised.

I wish the Sky Talker read this info.  Until a digibox firmware update comes
along this isn't even possible, and I'm doubtful as to whether or not it'll
happen soon, if at all.

Sean.