[access-uk] Re: Audio Help Requested

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:55:15 +0100

Roger, you seem to be getting some useful replies and it is hard to find what
I am sure you are after;  something to boost the audio output of a TB player
to feed a enhanced level output to headphones.

My instinct is to ask if you've approached Hagger Electronics.  One device
I've found might appear to fit the bill, but I think it might have a built-in
microphone rather than the input socket you will need to connect a device like
this to a TB player.  Nonetheless, take a look at:

http://www.hagger.co.uk/products/portable_hearing_system/stereo_amplified_list
ener_3_band_hru1175/itemid_379/

This little inexpensive box also inlcudes some equalisation which might be
useful.

There are more devices in this general area at:

http://www.hagger.co.uk/products/portable_hearing_system/

Their contact info is:

Sales Line: 01462 677331  Sales Fax: 01462 675016

E-mail: sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Other than this, the health service might be able to supply something along
the lines of what you are looking for.

Trouble with musicians' headphone amps is they tend to have many outputs as a
rule, more than you would want.  I'll email you off list if I find anything
more on this though as my Mum is very hard of hearing, and a device that would
discretely amplify the telly etc would be very useful for her too.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx