[access-uk] Re: Audacity Vocal Remover?

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:06:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

There isn't an accessibility problem. However, removing vocals well seems to be
quite difficult. There's a page about it on the audacity wiki:
http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Vocal_Removal

Some versions of audacity seem to have the center pan remover included in the
installation. If it's there is appears as Vocal remover on the effects menu. To
run it:
1. press CTRL + A to select all the audio.
2. Choose vocal remover from the effects dialog.
3. The vocal remover dialog opens. There are parameters to play with, or you
can just press enter to press the default ok button.

If the plugin isn't installed, you can download it from:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/nyquist/centerpanremover.zip
Extract the file to the folder: program files > audacity > plug-ins
This plug-in appears as center pan remover on the effects menu.

David.