[access-uk] Re: Audacity

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 06:44:14 +1000

True. I think I fell into some bad habbets to reassure myself when I was using Jaws and Audacity 1.0. It wasn't overly accessible in that configuration. I haven't dropped those bad habbets.

on 7/16/2013 9:05 PM, David Bailes wrote:
Hi Thomas,
as you point out, an alternative way of selecting a time range at the beginning
of a track is to use the ] key during playback to define the end of the
selected time range.
Just to add that you don't need to select all before doing this. Provided that
the track is selected, and that the cursor is at the beginning of the track
(press home to ensure that's the case), then when you press ] during playback,
this selects a time range from the cursor to the position where you pressed the
] key.
David. original message:
Try selecting all, listening, and using the right bracket [one next to the
backslash] when you reach the point at which you want to keep the audio. Stop
and delete. That should do it.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein