[access-uk] Re: Audacity

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:45:54 +1000

You want a left bracket and right brackets. Not parentheses, brackets. these should be next to your p key.

on 7/15/2013 7:42 AM, BJ Edwards wrote:
Hi,

I am running Windows 7 64bit with Jaws 12. I am using Audacity 2.03.

I have tried the above and still nothing. I play the track, hit "p"
for pause, hit "(" (shift+9) and press space to stop. I hit the cut
command (ctrl+x) in a hope the audio to the right of the left bracket
will go... but nothing happens. I've tried enclosing audio in brackets
and hitting cut or delete, and nothing. The instructions seem so
straight forward, but they just don't work!

bJ

On 14/07/2013, Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Which screen reader are you using, which version of audacity and on
which platform? On linux, audacity is inaccessible [or was when I tried
last December]. On windows it's quite good. When I was using JAWS,
audacity and jaws had a bit of a ... interesting relationship. I find
NVDA works quite well with it.
To select,listen to the track up to where you want to delete, press the
left bracket "[", then stop playback [with space], and start it again
[this will allow you to ensure you are deleting from the right point].
Then, if you need to, use the same system as to start the selection, but
with the right bracket "]". If you've made your first selection [and
optionally a second, make sure the audio isn't playing, and press the
delete key.
on 7/15/2013 5:16 AM, BJ Edwards wrote:
Hi all,

I am so unbelievably frustrated! I have red the manual, followed the
instructions, but no joy. All I am trying to do is edit a track. I
play it, pause it, hit "(" and then "Del" in the hope everything on
the right of the bracket will disappear.. it doesn't, nothing happens.
Please, please show mercy and somebody help me before my laptop learns
to fluy!

Thanks,

BJ

--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein

--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein