[access-uk] Associated Speech missing when new message is created in OE.

  • From: <brianaugier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:39:56 +0100

Hi all,

I have been a subscriber to this group for several weeks and feel it time to
post my first request for assistance.

A brief resumé.  I am a pensioner over 75, totally blind with absolutely no
Braille skills and rely heavily on speech.  I have a Desk Top with XP home
edition and a subset of MS Office '07 together with Outlook Express and
Internet Explorer.     I use Jaws 12 and for me this is more than useful.

My preferred method of corresponding with family and friends is by OE as all
text is accompanied by generated speech.  However on occasion the speech
associated with the system fields is missing and I am at a loss to establish
the reason.

The problem is most frustrating when a new message is about to be created.  The
first field is properly voiced.  When the Tab key is pressed no corresponding
speech is heard.  If I need to know which field is in focus I use alt+space
ba+x and the title is announced.  The same procedure is needed for the
subsequent fields.

The missing audible output does not occur every time but is not infrequent.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards

Brian

PS. The lack of speech occurred when creating this message.