[access-uk] Are Sainsburys listening?

  • From: Léonie Watson <lw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:08:27 -0000

Sharon,

Either Sainsburys are listening, or this is just remarkably good timing, but I received the following email a moment ago:

Dear Tink

With a few more changes to our website, we'd like to show you how
we've made shopping even easier.

shop now: http://as1.emv2.com/I?X=45647d3ce35f6fbc6d509e953554d2bc

See the whole shop at a glance

We've introduced new departments just like in your local store, so
it's easier to find the products you want. When you click on a
department you'll see the aisles appear below it. If you want to go
back a step just click on the department again to hide the shelves,
or click on another department to carry on shopping. This means less
scrolling to find the next aisle or shelf, making shopping even
faster. For the quickest shop, pick all the products you want from
one department before moving on to the next.

It's easy to change your mind

It's now quicker to change the quantity of whatever you're buying. To
add a product to your trolley, click the + button next to the
quantity box. To reduce the amount or remove the product all
together, just click the - button. To add or remove a higher quantity
of any product, you can change the number in the quantity box before
clicking + or -, and the final amount will be displayed below. You'll
still be able to make changes by clicking on 'trolley' at the end of
your order.

Quicker last minute adjustments

We've added a 'delete' box next to each product in your trolley, so
if you want to remove anything completely, just tick the boxes next
to the appropriate items, click 'update trolley', and everything
you've ticked will be removed.

Received a new credit card?

You may recently have received a new 'Chip and Pin' card from your
credit card supplier. To make sure we can deliver your order quickly
and easily, it's important to check that your payment details are up
to date. To do this, click on 'your account' and select the 'payment
details option'.

Make your money go further

If you're not receiving news and special offers from Sainsbury's to
You, you soon can. All you have to do is access your account and
select the 'data consent' option. Owning a Nectar Card means we can
even get in touch with offers to match your preferences. If you'd
like to change these preferences, just visit nectar.com
http://as1.emv2.com/I?X=45647d3ce35f6fbc0565051eaf498e8e
or call our helpline on 0870 410 0100. After all, we'd like to give
you something for nothing.

Terms and Conditions

Full terms and conditions for the Sainsbury's to You service can be
viewed by going to the help section on sainsburystoyou.co.uk
http://as1.emv2.com/I?X=45647d3ce35f6fbcd06e7d3aae155bb9
and selecting terms & conditions from the drop-down menu. Sainsbury's
to You is available in selected postcode areas. Just log on or call
0845 301 2020 to check that we can deliver to your address and for
any queries you may have.

If you have any queries whatsoever then email us or call our Customer
Care Team on 0800 63 62 62