[access-uk] Re: Appropriate terminology.

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 00:11:22 -0000

Hello Lieoni,

I've heard so much discussion on this chestnut in the past that I believe that you'll work out how to knit fog before you'll get agreement on which terms are best. There is a UK official definition on this which allows for up to a certain percentage of sight to be still registered blind and over that, but under a higher amount, you are technically only regesterable as partially-sighted. However, there is much scope for medical error, differing evaluations and subsequent small changes in what someone might be able to see after being firstly registered in a given category.

John.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Léonie Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>