[access-uk] Re: Apple unveils iPad tablet device

  • From: Tristram Llewellyn <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:31:04 +0000

The one thing that surprised me about it was the lower price point, I expected
it to sell for more, for most however it is still a tough sell when you compare
against a cheap PC netbook.

There was a lot of speculation and some of it very wild in the run up an some
of that obvious did not live up to the reality.  Also, it may have voiceover
but I would think if the iPhone touchscreen presented a challenge and even
bigger screen will be that much harder to manage as well.  Also just because it
has VoiceOver there is not guarantee that the eBooks themselves will be speech
accessible.

As usual with Apple the PR volume is very high but without some important
details and we are also talking about a product that won't ship at least for
two or three months and probably longer for Europe.  The eBook stuff probably
not until the summer of this year.

I can think of a couple of scenarios where it would be nice to have but at
£500-700 pounds not enough of them.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road