[access-uk] Re: Apple - Accessibility

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:09:13 +0100

"I just saw Jackie's post, and I hope they do it as a firmware upgrade on
previous Nanos as well."

I don't think that one is a goer, the only platform Apple are interested in
really developing on existing hardware are iPhone/iPod touch where it is really
the iPhone that is wagging the dog anyway.  These units recieving an update to
2.1 firmware installable on last years iPhones and Touch units a year from
their introduction.

The good news is that this feature has made it into a mainstream product that
could cost as little as £110 that is self contained and is likely to be
maintainable in future generations quite easily.  Such a development as this
from a company this size does have some importance.  It may not address the
needs of the most tech savvy or space hungry type of user, indeed there are
many equally good solutions that exist outside the Apple eco-system for various
reasons, but it is a solution.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Technical Support
Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing, Summerhouse Road, Moulton Park, NN3 6WD

Web : www.sightandsound.co.uk

Email: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Support: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line:   0845 634 7979
                        01604 798 000

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.
Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a trading subsidiary of 2nd Phoenix
Limited.

Registered Address -
Blenheim House,
York Road,