[access-uk] Re: Anyone viewing SKY on their computer

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:54:48 +0100

Hi Steve.

Yes I thought perhaps this was the situation. It's a pity though. Over in the USA, people can view all their TV through a media centre computer, record programmes and movies and burn these onto dvd. They can also pause and playback real-time broadcasts, as well as view all the TV listings, quite independently. In addition, their media centre computer can hold all their music collection. I cannot wait for this technology to arrive here; it would be fantastic, particularly the ability to record those ad movies. Unfortunately, in the area I live in, I cannot get Freeview either so the Nebula TV cards would be useless to me. I've got to make my mind up soon whither to upgrade to xp media centre or xp home. I might just go for the media centre for the music and of course, a much quieter machine.

Best wishes.

Andy