[access-uk] Re: Anyone successfully using Jriver media player?

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:38:10 +0100 (CET)

Gary, had a look out of interest, but I wasn't tempted to pursue this very
much. The scrreen is pretty well blank except for a small html window top left
where there are some instructions. I could read those OK with NVDA, but that's
about as far as it went.

When I uninstalled the player, I got one of those requests about why I was
uninstalling, and mentioned that the program did not appear to be accessible
for blind and low-vision people.

I had tried getting context menus, to little avail, and the object navigation
in NVDA didn't get me anywhere either.  Shame, though, if it's such a competent
media player. Back to VLC for me!!

Vince.

Message Received: Mar 22 2014, 07:02 PM
From: "Gary Robinson"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Anyone successfully using Jriver media player?

Hi,

Has anyone had any success in using the JRIVER media player from jriver.com
I have tried using both Jaws and NVDA but there is nothing on the screen
and the OCR function on Jaws doesn't give much either.

I had a look through the support section and whilst there was some
traffic re active accessibility and plug ins, I found nothing to
indicate, atleastas far as I could find, that there had been any attempt
to make it accessible to VI users.

It is a long shot but I thought I would give it a try as this is a very
comprehensive mediaplayer handling all the normal formats as wellas high
definition audio like Sony DSD.

Thanks

Gary