[access-uk] Re: Anybody using audacity audio editor?

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:42:13 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

the current 1.3.2 beta version of audacity is a lot
more accessible than version 1.2.4 which you have
installed. You can download the 1.3.2 version from:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I've written a jaws guide for it, which is available
in the audio section of this page:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/jaws-guides

The developers are continuing to work on improving
it's accessibility, and version 1.3.3 should be out
soon.

The audio presentation that you had heard of is for
version 1.2.x, which was not as accessible as the
current version. It's available via the "download
file" link on this page:
http://z08.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=49287

David Bailes.

------------ orginal message -------------------
Greetings,

As I am sending this to all the "Techy" lists to which
I am subscribed and
not all of them are specifically related to the
subject of my request, plese
excuse the crosspost but I want to ask in as many
places as I can in hopes
of getting a meaningful response.

I have just installed:

audacity-win-1.2.4b.exe

on my WindowsME system, I use Jaws v5.1.

I had been advised this software is not very
accessible but am willing to
give it a try.

Please can anybody advise me if, where, I can get Jaws
scripts to run with
this and/or anybody give me **elementary** steps as
how to get started as it
is not obvious looking through the menus.

I must point out that to date, my editting experience
on the pc has been
limited to the use of GoldWave v5.12.

Thanks.

If you are new to email, or this is the first message
you have received from
me, Colin Howard, I am especially keen to hear from
*you* now.