[access-uk] Re: Anybody using a MacBook Air?

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 22:08:52 +0100

Carol - I have considered other Apple devices, such as the iPad Mini, but in
the end decided I needed a more conventional/regular laptop, to meet my regular
daily needs, that I don't use my iPhone for.

Macs are expensive, but I didn't want a netbook size keyboard, and I'd pretty
much had enough of Windows, and most definitely enough of Freedom Scientific.

The MacBook Air looks to have a good spec, and to be reasonably fast/powerful,
and although it has a full sized keyboard [no numpad] it only has an 11 inch
screen, and weighs in at just 3lbs., with dimensions of 12 by 9 inches, so
lightweight, portable, but with a great battery life of up to 9 hours. Like I
said, expensive at £849 for an SSD of only 128, but no great issue as I use
external drives anyway. These are the reasons I have gone for this machine.

I've been doing my research this evening, and found some very useful articles on

www.applevis.com

in respect of getting around the Mac using the Voice Over keystrokes.

HTH -

Andy