[access-uk] Any suggestions please?

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 17:57:15 +0100

Greetings,

Please read this to the end unless you can suggest why this has happened, I
am trying to access listen again on the upstairs machine, I go to a program
and can't find anything which looks like a listen link, on the downstairs
system, you will note availability of programs is shown hence entering on
this takes me to an area from whence I may listen again.

I have not knowingly made any changes before this came into action, but on
my W7 machine, all of a sudden on one internal disk, I noticed my files and
folders reversed values, the files, highest value first, then my folders,
highest version first appeared, all other disks remained correct. This
proved to be corrected when viewing the properties of a file I discovered
the sort showed descending instead of ascending, correcting this set the
order back.

However, about the same time, my upstairs views via FF showed the following
- using today's R4E as my sample page on both upstairs and downstairs
machines.

Upstairs desktop machine, W7, downstairs laptop machine, wXP Home, FF (same
on up- and down-stairs machines.

Link used both up- and down-stairs.
www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/programmes/schedules/2015/06/12

Execuding above link on upstairs machine shows the following, starting at
beginning of list of programs for the morning:

MORNING
list of 11 items nesting level 1
06:00
Sherlock HolmesThe Beekeeper's Apprentice, A Battle Royal
06:30
It's About Time...
07:00
Lucky HeatherHigh Noon
07:30
The RivalsSeries 2, The Intangible Clue
08:00
Hancock's Half HourCyrano de Hancock
08:30
The Goon ShowThe Lost Gold Mine (of Charlotte)
09:00
The 99p ChallengeSeries 5, Episode 2
09:30
SneakiepeeksHoneytrap Hotel
10:00
John Peacock - Posters of the Moulin RougeJane Avril
11:00
Afternoon ReadingLido, To Brixton Beach
11:15
Afternoon DramaGuy Meredith - Sky High
list end nesting level 1
BACK TO TOP
AFTERNOON
list of 13 items nesting level 1
12:00
Hancock's Half HourCyrano de Hancock
12:30
The Goon ShowThe Lost Gold Mine (of Charlotte)
13:00
Sherlock HolmesThe Beekeeper's Apprentice, A Battle Royal
13:30
It's About Time...
14:00
Anne Tyler - A Patchwork PlanetEpisode 5
14:15
The Making of MusicSeries 1, Albertopolis
14:30
Victor Hugo - Les MiserablesEpisode 20
14:45
John Major - More Than a GameEpisode 5
15:00
John Peacock - Posters of the Moulin RougeJane Avril
16:00
The 99p ChallengeSeries 5, Episode 2
16:30
SneakiepeeksHoneytrap Hotel
17:00
ON AIR
Available now
Lucky HeatherHigh Noon
Listen live
(BBC Radio 4 Extra homepage)

17:30
The RivalsSeries 2, The Intangible Clue
list end nesting level 1
BACK TO TOP
EVENING
list of 13 items nesting level 1
18:00
Philip K Dick - We Can Remember It for You WholesaleEpisode 2
18:30
My Life in Five SongsSeries 5, Eleanor McEvoy
19:00
Hancock's Half HourCyrano de Hancock
19:30
The Goon ShowThe Lost Gold Mine (of Charlotte)
20:00
Sherlock HolmesThe Beekeeper's Apprentice, A Battle Royal
20:30
It's About Time...
21:00
Afternoon ReadingLido, To Brixton Beach
21:15
Afternoon DramaGuy Meredith - Sky High
22:00
The RivalsSeries 2, The Intangible Clue
22:30
Victor Lewis-SmithEpisode 6
22:55
The Comedy Club Interviews12/06/2015
23:00
Armando Iannucci's Charm OffensiveSeries 2, Episode 6
23:30
Dave PodmoreDave Podmore's Cricket Fix, Episode 2
list end nesting level 1
BACK TO TOP
LATE
list of 13 items nesting level 1
00:00
Philip K Dick - We Can Remember It for You WholesaleEpisode 2
00:30
My Life in Five SongsSeries 5, Eleanor McEvoy
01:00
Sherlock HolmesThe Beekeeper's Apprentice, A Battle Royal
01:30
It's About Time...
02:00
Anne Tyler - A Patchwork PlanetEpisode 5
02:15
The Making of MusicSeries 1, Albertopolis
02:30
Victor Hugo - Les MiserablesEpisode 20
02:45
John Major - More Than a GameEpisode 5
03:00
John Peacock - Posters of the Moulin RougeJane Avril
04:00
The 99p ChallengeSeries 5, Episode 2
04:30
SneakiepeeksHoneytrap Hotel
05:00
Lucky HeatherHigh Noon
05:30
The RivalsSeries 2, The Intangible Clue
list end nesting level 1
list end

Tomorrow

complementary information
navigation region
Explore the BBC
list of 17 items
News
Sport
Weather
iPlayer
TV
Radio
CBBC
CBeebies
Arts
WW1
Food
iWonder
Bitesize
Music
Earth
Local
Travel
list end
navigation region end
complementary information end
content information
list of 7 items
Terms of Use
About the BBC
Privacy Policy
Cookies
Accessibility Help
Parental Guidance
Contact the BBC
list end
Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external
sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.
content information end

Execuding above link on downstairs machine shows the following, starting at
beginning of list of programs for the morning:

MORNING

list of 11 items nesting level 1
06:00

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 13:30)

Sherlock HolmesThe Beekeeper's Apprentice, A Battle Royal

4/4 Sherlock Holmes and Mary Russell must part to foil their deadly enemy.

View Programme information

06:30

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 14:00)

It's About Time...

Comedian and writer Dave Cohen tries to achieve a 'work-life balance'.

View Programme information

07:00

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 07:30)

Lucky HeatherHigh Noon

6/6 After her best friend Dawn stole her man, now she asks Heather if he is
cheating on her.

View Programme information

07:30

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 08:00)

The RivalsSeries 2, The Intangible Clue

3/4 Amateur sleuth Lady Violet Strange tries to solve a murder with
apparently no clues.

View Programme information

08:00

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 12:30)

Hancock's Half HourCyrano de Hancock

Chaos looms when Sid confesses he is in love with the lad's secretary.

View Programme information

08:30

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 13:00)

The Goon ShowThe Lost Gold Mine (of Charlotte)

Neddie's odd discovery in some meatloaf sparks a trip to America to make his
fortune.

View Programme information

09:00

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 16:30)

The 99p ChallengeSeries 5, Episode 2

2/6 Sue Perkins tests Miranda Hart, Peter Serafinowicz, Armando Iannucci and
Rob Rouse.

View Programme information

09:30

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 17:00)

SneakiepeeksHoneytrap Hotel

1/6 Meet the bungling surveillance team tracking blackmailers in a hotel.

View Programme information

10:00

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 16:00)

John Peacock - Posters of the Moulin RougeJane Avril

4/4 The crazy dancer uses people, but reaps the consequences.

View Programme information

11:00

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 11:15)

Afternoon ReadingLido, To Brixton Beach

1/3 By Stella Duffy. A mysterious swimmer spends all day in the pool at
Brockwell Lido.

View Programme information

11:15

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 12:00)

Afternoon DramaGuy Meredith - Sky High

Money or power? Love or revenge? The clock is ticking away in this cat and
mouse game.

[...]

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 14:15)

Anne Tyler - A Patchwork PlanetEpisode 5

5/10 Barnaby takes his mother to see his daughter, while his 'angel' Sofia
leaves a message.

View Programme information

14:15

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 14:30)

The Making of MusicSeries 1, Albertopolis

30/30 The Royal Albert Hall opened in 1871 with a prince championing
culture.

View Programme information

14:30

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 14:45)

Victor Hugo - Les MiserablesEpisode 20

20/25 With Marius barely alive, Valjean struggles to find a way out of the
Parisian sewers.

View Programme information

14:45

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 15:00)

John Major - More Than a GameEpisode 5

5/5 The former prime minister moves on to the 20th century and the threat of
war.

View Programme information

15:00

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 16:00)

John Peacock - Posters of the Moulin RougeJane Avril

4/4 The crazy dancer uses people, but reaps the consequences.

View Programme information

16:00

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 16:30)

The 99p ChallengeSeries 5, Episode 2

2/6 Sue Perkins tests Miranda Hart, Peter Serafinowicz, Armando Iannucci and
Rob Rouse.

View Programme information

16:30

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 17:00)

SneakiepeeksHoneytrap Hotel

1/6 Meet the bungling surveillance team tracking blackmailers in a hotel.

View Programme information

17:00

ON AIR

LISTEN LIVE

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 07:30)

Lucky HeatherHigh Noon

6/6 After her best friend Dawn stole her man, now she asks Heather if he is
cheating on her.

Listen live

View Programme information

17:30

29 days left to listen (Sun 12 July 2015, 08:00)

The RivalsSeries 2, The Intangible Clue

3/4 Amateur sleuth Lady Violet Strange tries to solve a murder with
apparently no clues.

View Programme information

list end nesting level 1
BACK TO TOP
EVENING

list of 13 items nesting level 1
18:00
Philip K Dick - We Can Remember It for You WholesaleEpisode 2

2/2 Does a childhood fantasy hold the key to the human race's survival?

View Programme information

18:30
My Life in Five SongsSeries 5, Eleanor McEvoy

2/8 Irish singer-songwriter Eleanor McEvoy talks to Phil Cunningham about
her life and music.

[...]

6/10 Economy holidays, unusual phone calls and a very special Crimewatch.

View Programme information

22:55
The Comedy Club Interviews12/06/2015

Arthur Smith chats to Kieran Hodgson.

View Programme information

23:00
Armando Iannucci's Charm OffensiveSeries 2, Episode 6

6/6 The comedy ace and chums ponder why some sporty types resemble
vegetables.

View Programme information

23:30
Dave PodmoreDave Podmore's Cricket Fix, Episode 2

2/4 The star cricketer injures Felicity Kendall in a charity celebrity
cricket game.

[...]

navigation landmark
Explore the BBC

list of 17 items