[access-uk] Re: Any ideas? (and Firefox IE Tab extention)

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:52:25 +0100

Christopher and anyone else interested, it seems that the ability for
Firefox to open pages in IE is through the IE Tab extention.  It is
pretty straightforward in that one opens the IE Tab properties via
FireFox's Tools menu, into which the plug-in is installed when you
download and install it.

On opening the extention the page you are on is highlighted in the
field next to URL and an 'add' option should be highlighted.  Just
entering or clicking on that should add the current page to the
exceptions list.   There is also an 'apply' button, so don't forget to
use that.

I am 99 per cent certain that the Windows Update pages are a default
action of Firefox, and indeed, its hard to see why they wouldn't be,
given the high importance of Windows Update functionality not being
disturbed.  prepared to becorrected on this one, but sure I'm right.

I may well have come across the IE Tab extention via a GW Micro
Knowledge base article, but I cannot quite remember now.  In any case,
that's probably a good way to track it down.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx