[access-uk] Re: Any ideas?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:48:35 +0100

PhewMandy!  What a lot of questions!

First off, I'd run a good spyware removal tool like the one that gets
a few of them together  Hitman Pro, I think its called.  Reformatting
is way over the top.

In Firefox or Internet Exploder, F6 gets you quickly to the address
bar, which to my mind is more convenient than alt-D.

HTH.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

From: "Mandy" <manumandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> hHi All.
>
> Because so many of you have tried to help me I thought I'd let you
all
> know that Dell are coming to sort out my laptop tomorrow as I tried
> another system restore having tried once again to use SendSpace with
with
> same result.  IE7 - now after system restore - laptop comes on then
talks
> about the conection having limited or no connectivity then the
screen goes
> blank and nothing happens and the mouse and keyboard are both
unuseable so
> looks like a reformat is in store and despite the fact I have an
external
> drive I've not backed everything up so will lose things I'd rather
have
> kept but at least any malware, spyware etc will be gone.
>
> Now:  do people suggest I stick with AVG 715 free addition or use
NOD32?