[access-uk] Re: Another note taker development

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:57:10 +0100

Hi William.

Well, its going to be based on the open Android operating system, so costs are
going to be kept to a minimum there.  Its also being developed by National
Braille Press as a not for profit project, so the theory is that the product
cost will reflect the actual costs of development, though I wouldn't mind
betting that distributor overheads will add significantly to the overall costs
for buyers.  Its in the early stages of development though, so its one of those
wait and see things as to whether it will actually make it to market.  I like
the idea of the 5 megapixel camera and mobile phone functions though, it should
be interesting and its certainly more innovative than the products currently on
the market especially where the totally blind are concerned.

All the best, Ibrahim.