[access-uk] Re: Another Outlook question

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:22:08 +0100

Hi Amro,

I'm not certain by any means, but as you suspect, your
problem could be linked to the fact you leave e-mails on the
server.  Is literally every e-mail you receive being
downloaded more than once, or is it occasional, or are the
e-mails which are duplicated only coming from certain lists?

Sorry to ask a three part question, but the answers may help
myself or someone else to determine what your problem is.

The only thing I can say for certain which may help, is that
I've noticed at least one situation where leaving  copies of
e-mails on the server caused my wife to receive over 9000
e-mails when she had help from a friend to transfer her
e-mail account on to a new computer, and those e-mails went
back over 3 years.

Alexander Shannon