[access-uk] Re: Announcement: Updated From The Keyboard Tapes Acrobat Suggestion

  • From: "John Wilson" <jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:37:48 -0000

hello ray,

I'll give it some thought but can't promise anything.

Regards,
John.
Author of From The Keyboard Tutorials
for Visually Impaired Computer Users
To view my tutorials, please visit my Website at:
Website: http://web.onetel.com/~fromthekeyboard
Tel: 0113 2575957
E-mail: jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx
From: "John Wilson" Subject: [access-uk] Announcement: Updated
From The Keyboard Tapes

Dear List Memberr,

Just a few lines to advise people that, following several
requests for this,  I have just completed some updating to my
"VIPs Introduction to Computers" basic PC beginners guide and
mini-tutorial to include notes for users of Windows XP.
Previously it only addressed Windows up to Windows ME.

The guide and tutorial (demonstrated by myself using HAL, JAWS
and Window-Eyes) still lasts three hours, covering two two-track
C90 cassettes.

I have included instructions on how to set Windows XP up in
"Classic" mode for screenreader users and, at the end of
relevant
sections where there are differences from earlier versions of
Windows, notes on where Windows XP differs from earlier
versions.

Whilst I would not claim that this is now an out-and-out Windows
XP guide and mini-tutorial, it will now be more useful to
Windows
XP users and, in any event, most of the sections and
sub-sections
covered, work the same in Windows XP as they did in such as
Windows 98.

Whilst I do not think that current holders of an older copy of
the "VIPs Introduction to Computers" tapes would want to
purchase
a second copy of these tapes, nor would an already current
reasonably experienced user of XP, the tapes should still be
helpful to people considering buying a computer for advise and
guidance before deciding to purchase one and to those who have
recently bought a PC for the first time and want to get to grips
with the basic Operating system and essential utilities on it.
This information may be of interest to any of your relations or
friends who are about to buy a PC with Windows XP on it or who
have just bought one.

For more details and to see the Table of Contents, please visit
my Website at:

http://web.onetel.com/~fromthekeyboard

and go to the VIPs Introduction to Computers link.

Alternatively, please phone or e-mail me for further details. My
details are given below.

Best regards,
John Wilson.

** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to