[access-uk] Re: Announcement - AccessibleNews for IE launched!

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:56:15 +0100

Hi.

I still don't see why we need it.  Because of excellent screen reader
technology, the majority of web sites are now accessible, so I don't feel
this is really needed.  It could also discourage potential web designers to
make their sites accessible, on the basis that "there is a plugin that puts
it right, so why should I worry", so I am not really in favour of these
kinds of fixes to correct accessibility problems, I would rather try to get
it fixed at source.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,
Fax:  +44(0)1438 759589
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  mailto:Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk

From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:07:14 +0100

from looking at the site it seems that the program reorganises  information
so that what you want is at the top of the page and navigation and stuff is
underneath.  This technology is often not foolsafe as it's a case of trying
to guess which is content and which is not. This can really only be done by
analysing code and again we get down to the old issue of how well is the
page written?