[access-uk] Re: Animated Emoticons

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:59:05 +0000

Just a warning to be VERY careful if searching for animated icons or smileys.
So many of these downloads contain malware, that it's even prompted
google to warn you that when going incognito, it can't protect you
from, amongst other things,
"Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys".

I'm sure someone will come up with a site, but as animated icons and
smileys are way up on the list of things most people DON'T like, you
might want to consider if the risk is worth it overall.
(I mean, when used in email, chat, on websites and forums etc.)